- Microsoft has announced a number of updates to its Power BI service. In a blog post, James Phillips, General Manager, Data Experiences at Microsoft, outlines how Power BI will help companies “adopt a data culture with easy-to-use, accessible tools and innovative technology that lowers the barriers to entry”. The new features announced by Microsoft include:
- Easier signup to the service – all you need to access the service is a business email address
- Power BI Designer, which can be used to develop charts and other data visualisations that can be shared with any Power BI customer
- As Power BI is a hybrid service, customers will have live access to on premise Microsoft SQL Server instances whilst having access to all the benefits of a cloud- based analytics service
- Self-services access to third-party cloud sources including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk and Github
- Users will be able access Power BI through a native iPad app; an iPhone app is expected within one month. Android and Windows universal apps that can run on multiple types of devices are expected later this year.
For more information on the new Power BI updates or to find out how we help customers deliver BI projects at pace, please get in touch